Gillette shaving foam exploded

I bought a container of Gillette shaving foam and it exploded.The explosion completely ruined my bathroom and cost me thousands of dollars in repairs.

The representative of Gillette who was handling my case very politely told me to go to ***. Fortunately I made pictures of the damage it caused to my home. The only lucky thing is that nobody of my family was in the bathroom at the time of the explosion.

Pieces of glass from the mirror and metal went straight through the door and the ceiling so you can imagine the force of the explosion, it was like a virtual bomb.The fact that they don't even have the decency to apologize for this really is beyond me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 13 Yes 13
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 04 #1222346 Surat, Gujarat

i m from india...same thing happen with me.

Apr 10 #1142220

Are you sure it was actual Gillette and not a fake counterfeit?

Jan 14 #1094554

It has happened twice to me in the same Gillette brand of shaving foam. It is very dangerous and I do not recommend these foam containers to anybody.

Nov 08, 2015 #1060443

I believe you since just happened to use. Bottom crimp failed & went off like a rocket.

May 12, 2015 #982934

I'm from India same *** happened today in my bathroom bloody gillete.

Apr 11, 2015 #970649 Mountain View, California

Today I also noticed a Gilette can that had spontaneously started to leak foam, when I removed the plastic cap I noticed that severe rust had developed beneath it, even though I hadn't bought it that long ago. Never had this happen before.

Dec 27, 2014 #921591 Padua, Veneto

I am from Italy. Entering into the bathroom I found shaving foams popped out of the can. I didn't know if it exploded or leaked, but it seemed quite strange.

Jul 12, 2014 #839656

Same explosioin in my house today

1 0 Reply

Dec 07, 2013 #754343

Can exploded in my shower stall also. Completely scored one of the tiles beyond repair and put two deep grooves in the ceiling tiles. Scared the life out of my wife who was in the bathroom when it happened. Gillete said they would pay for repairs but I have to find repair people, get estimates, be home to get these estimates and then be home for the repairs. Not sure I won't have leaks when the work is done so I have hesitated to get involved with it, even though my bathroom will never look the same.

1 1 Reply

Apr 18, 2012 #467691

To be honest with you, I'm not really sure that Gillette can be completely held accountable. Think about the amount of time that particular container was in shipment. From the manufacturer, to the distributors, to the stores, and there's no telling what's happened to that bottle in between. The contents remain under pressure, and given several factors, such as heat, humidity, physical pressure, being banged up along the way to the final store it will rest in, I somewhat doubt that Gillette will truly hold themselves accountable.

3 2 Reply

Sep 03 #1207566 Fredericksburg, Virginia

All of that should and is taken into consideration , so if the seams aren't strong enough they need to be strengthened.

Apr 17, 2012 #467582

You should thank Gillette for destroying that ugly old mirror.

12 10 Reply
Emily W.

Apr 17, 2012 #467151

Wow, that's pretty scary, huh? One question though - I can't really see thousands of dollars worth of damage. What happened besides the mirror? I'm dying to know what the company will do with the pics - I hope you get the outcome you desire. I have a feeling you are trying to use this to fix your tired bathroom which needed a remodel anyway, right?

10 5 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.